Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Twin Love

...is that cute or what? (when i ask gwen and cole similar questions they usually answer with "what")!

All things considered these two cuties have a lot of fun together. They certainly have their moments but I think it is very special that they always have a playmate. Cole often gets upset because he "want my Gwennie to play with me". They play monster together; build trains/planes/cars together to take to Chick Fi La; hoard toys together; run together; snuggle together.

Recently we moved Gwen into her big girl room. The kids were not phased at all by this move which is understandable because they had been separated for naps for years. I, on the otherhand, was a little sad about this move. It didn't really hit me until the first day I did laundry and had to separate their little clothes to go in different rooms.

One thing I have learned as a parent is that just when you think you have things figured out and under control, kid go and change things on you. Recently, I had to rethink how our evenings were going because to sum things up they were chaotic and nooone was enjoying family time. One night it dawned on me that maybe the kids would enjoy more one on one time with Andy and I so we decided to bathe them individually (we hadn't done this since they were infants). Mommy gave one child a bath while the other got special one-on-one time with Daddy. WE've continued this routine because it seems to make for a much calmer evening and we have been having fun spending individual time with all of the kids. One of my favorite conversations with Gwen during individual time has been something like this:

Gwen: "Mama, I like to wear my baby in a sling. Do you wear your baby in a sling?"
Me: "Yes.
Gwen: "Mama, my baby cries a lot but she is a sweetheart and I give her mama milk"
Me: "You are such a thoughtful Mommy"
...

what I like about this time is that I can truly hear what my kids are telling me and learn about what they are doing and thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment