Thursday, January 3, 2013

Chores and more

So here I am trying to play catch on my my blog and thinking of it as a major chore.  I feel like a lot of things in my life these days are chores.  It takes a lot of time and energy to wash clothes for two adults and three little people.  It feels like a chore and takes oodles of patience to get three little people dressed and ready to go out the door in the morning.  It takes my last little bit of energy to try to tidy up the kitchen and sometimes the toys at the end of the day.  At times these tasks seem so overwhelming but then all i have to do is sit down and think about what is really important.  Many times these things don't get done because the kids and I are just playing around being silly and having fun.  Sometimes, like today, we choose to bundle up and take a bike ride/stroller ride in the snow instead of putting the laundry away.  Sometimes we have breakfast for dinner because we spend a little extra time at a playdate and I don't have time to make dinner.  I guess all I'm trying to say here is that I remind myself often that spending time with Cole, Gwen and Reid is my priority these days and most other things can wait.  Now that's a pretty good excuse for being two months behind on my blog, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment